Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Calming Wednesday: Little House on the Prairie

littlehouseonthe

When I'm having a bad day, little soothes me more that to pick up at random a book out of The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Every year I read through each of these books at least once. I picked up my current copies from a used bookstore about two years ago -- I combed several different stores until I found the version my Mother had, and that I grew up reading (yellow covers). Unfortunately they were not in the best condition and have since started to fall apart. I'll need to purchase new copies soon, but none of the ones currently available on Amazon really appeal to me (see photo above). What I desperately wish for is for the entire series to be reprinted and bound in individual hard cover volumes in a style similar to the Jane Austen Collection below (which is available at Barnes and Noble here). I know there is a leather bound version of the series floating around out there, but not only is it rare to find the collection, but those that I've seen are being sold for well over $2000. So, if any of you publishing companies out there are listening, please don't make me beg for this!

janeaustennovels

No comments:

Post a Comment